25 May Occupational Therapist – PRN/Full Time
Website Sterling Staffing Solutions
Matching Quality Patient Care Professionals With Quality Employers!
Sterling Staffing Solutions is looking for a committed and patient-focused Occupational Therapist to develop, recover or maintain the daily living and work skills of people with physical, mental or developmental conditions. You will offer effective and client-centered services that will enable people to confidently and independently carry out everyday tasks or activities. The successful candidate will have an holistic perspective and will be able to adapt the environment to fit the person.
- Address client’s aspects of performance to support engagement in occupations that affect health, well-being and life quality
- Select and adapt the appropriate per case occupational therapy treatment model, method and approach to direct the process of interventions
- Apply interventions to maximize safety and performance in activities of daily living (ADL) and instrumental activities of daily living (IADL)
- Teach clients new ways of approaching tasks and educate them on how to break down activities into achievable components
- Assess client’s home and other environments and advice on alterations consistent with their needs and capabilities
- Recommend adaptive equipment and train in its use
- Guide and educate family members and caregivers
- Observe, note, and report on progress of long and short term treatment goals
- Collect data and document processes followed
- Regularly follow-up client
- Proven working experience as occupational therapist
- Experience reating individuals with neuro, brain or spinal injuries.
- Excellent knowledge of principles and practices of occupational therapy
- Hands-on experience with computer programs and creative media
- Familiarity with ADLs evaluation tools ( e.g. Katz ADL scale, Lawton IADL scale)
- Ability to manage patients with different types of personalities
- Current knowledge of treatment practices per discipline and drive to continually learn and grow in the profession
- Professional behaviour
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills
- Valid licence to practice occupational therapy
- BS degree or greater in occupational therapy
Job Types: Part-time/Full time
Pay: $50.00 – $60.00 per hour
- Home Health
- Monday to Friday
- Neuro, Brain or Spinal Injuries: 3 years (Preferred)
- Occupational Therapy License (Required)
Work Location: On the road
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.